Adding a Designated Partner
Every Limited Liability Partnership must have at least two designated partners. To add a designated partner, a resolution needs to be passed. He must have a DPIN and his name must be amended in the LLP agreement.
How To Add A Designated Partner In LLP Business?
LLP business is gaining popularity and you may come across a situation, where you need a designated partner for your LLP business.
the supplementary partnership deed
for adding a designated
the entire onboarding done at rock
At least two partners are required to serve as designated partners in a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP). These partners must be included by name in the LLP partner agreement and have a Designated Partner Identification Number. It is possible to add or subtract the appointed partner. When compared to other forms of company registration, these are simpler to apply for and require less compliances. The number of partners has no upper limit. Additionally, there are no limitations on entering or leaving an LLP. It is simple to join or quit. Additionally, the ownership can be easily transferred from one person to another. Read through to find out more about adding a designated partner in LLP.
While adding a designated partner in an LLP, the partner should be aware of his/her duties and responsibilities to be followed while in the period of holding the partnership.
- The Designated Partner of the LLP is authorised to attach his signature on the Statement of Account and Solvency, form - 8, which is a declaration.
- The LLP must file annual returns with the Registrar within a specified period of 60 days from the date of closure of the financial year. If this isn’t implemented, every Designated Partner will be imposed with a fine exceeding Rs 10,000.
- If there is any need, then the Designated Partner may file the returns of documents.
- The Designated Partner must support the authority with the necessary documents, information, signing any requirements, etc. by extending his/her co-operation to the inspector on inquiry or inspection.
- When an investigation conducted by an inspector takes place, then a Designated Partner is responsible to reimburse the expenses.
A person has to fulfil the specific requirements in case he wants to enroll himself as a designated partner with an LLP. Let us have a look at some of the primary requirements to be eligible to become a designated partner in an LLP:
- The individual must be at least 18 years old.
- Any individual or body corporate can be eligible to be a partner in an LLP.
- The individual who wishes to become a partner must have a unique identification number (For instance, Aadhaar Card)
- Every LLP must have a minimum of two designated partners.
- The person should be in a sound mind.
- The person shouldn’t be involved in fraudulence.
- There is no maximum limit for the number of partners in a limited liability partnership.
- At least one designated partner must be an Indian national who resides in India.
- The other Designated Partners must also provide a consent letter stating their proof and other documents.
- The individual should not have adjudged bankruptcy in the last 5 years.
- One who has not properly closed the payment settlements with any creditors in the last 5 years and also hasn't made an agreement regarding the same with them.
In case if the partner has changed his/her name or address, then the partner shall inform the LLP of any modification made in his/her name or address within a period of 15 days of such revision. It’s the LLP firm’s responsibility to file such details with the Registrar within 30 days of such a change in the Form 4.
The best thing about LLPs is that partners can be added or removed anytime. However, the designated partner should be made fully aware of his roles and responsibilities before adding him to the LLP. In order to add a partner in an LLP, you have to follow the steps mentioned below:
- DIN and DSC have to be obtained and processed for adding a designated partner. We will obtain its consent letter.
- Through the partnership deed, the decision to add a designated partner will take place in a meeting.
- The new partner’s name will be added to the supplementary partnership deed.
- We help you draft the partnership deed.
- Following the appointment, within 30 days, the new partner must file form-4. You must submit this form along with both the additional and original deed.
- After this process, form-3 should be filed and processed along with the partnership deed within 30 days of the appointment.
- Once all the procedures are done, the new designated partner’s name will be added to the LLP and viewed on the MCA (Ministry of Corporate Affairs) website.
There are numerous reasons why one must choose CADesk while adding a designated partner for an LLP. Listed below are a few:
- One can easily submit a service request through our experts.
- Everyone has their share of misinterpretation on the process of adding a designated partner in an LLP. Hence, we at CADesk contact our clients personally with a simplified checklist of required documents
- We let our clients know in a timely manner regarding the verification process
- In case of any emergency, our team will be transparent and contact you immediately
FAQs on Adding a Designated Partner
Yes! At least 2 partners are necessary to add a designated partner in LLP
Within 30 days following the LLP Agreement's modification, Form 4 must be submitted as a Linked Form with Form 3 in the event that the change was caused by a change in partners or the designated partner.
A 'partner' is somebody who enters into a partnership with other individuals. Contrarily, any partner designated as such in the Limited Liability Partnership's governing instrument at the time of registration is referred to as a designated partner.
One can get a DPIN number using the documents listed below:
- a picture of the applicant
- Identity documentation for the application. For Indian nationals, PAN is required. Any foreign national must have a passport.
- proof of the applicant's address.